There are two categories to become eligible for Student visa application.
1) Student Direct Stream 2) General Category (NON-SDS)
Visa application under SDS (Student Direct Stream Program)
Who can apply:
To be eligible for SDS Program the student must be legal residence living in:
Student must be appeared for English Language test (IELTS / TOFEL/ PTE) :
- English Language test is the primary requirement before the student applies for college application and visa application.
- According to students English test scores, he/she can apply to get admission in college or University
- The requirement of IELTS under SDS Program is minimum 6.0 with no band less than 6.0 in any module
Students needs to submit all the documents which helps him/her to get the best suitable program according to his/her qualification, this includes the following documents
Student permit / status document, if already in Canada
- IELTS Test Score Card Mark sheets of grade 10
- Mark sheets of grade 12
- Bachelors Mark sheet (if applicable)
- Masters Mark Sheet (if applicable)
- Work experience related documents (if applicable)
Get LOA (Letter of Acceptance):
Obtain admission acceptance letter from college or University
Once the student gets LOA, he/she has to pay tuition fees for first year of Study.
GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate):
Once student get admission and paid the tuition fees of college/University, student has to open an account in Canadian bank with deposit amount of $10,200. This is an investment account, which provides you fund after arrival in Canada and Confirm the identity to bank.
The Student has to get their medical done and submit the e-medical information sheet.
The Student has to get their bio-metrics done.
Student may also need to provide other documents according to their profile. Make sure you submit all the documents to visa office.
Visa application under General Category
Who can apply:
All countries except India, China, Pakistan, Vietnam or Philippines can apply for student visa under General category.
Students from India, Pakistan, Vietnam, China and Philippines who don’t qualify under SDS program can also apply under general category.